“Carry-With-Me’s” From This Month’s Mentor Dinner
Three successful female entrepreneurs shared their stories of “GRIT TO GREATNESS” at this month’s mentor dinner. Here are some of my takeaways.
- Do what feels right to you. Not what other people think is right for you.
- Hustle hard. Just keep going.
- Feel good about where you are going.
- Make it fit.
- GRIT equals stick-to-it-iveness.
- Be resilient, inspired, and determined.
- Greatness takes stamina.
- As a businesswoman, mother, and wife; you are raising a career, child, and a marriage. Don’t forget about growing the marriage.
- Be careful of the stories you tell yourself.
- Grit is like sandpaper. Let it be your callous.
- Craft v. Business – Which one will you build? They are not the same.
- Tap into what you have — talents, abilities, network, knowledge.
- Make decisions that you not only can live with…but importantly, wouldn’t want to live without.
- We are more than the labels others give us.
In a room full of GRITTY women, I learned:
- GRIT comes in many shapes, sizes, and times on our lives. But it’s the stories of GRIT that inspire others to dig deeper, go harder, or just keep on keepin’ on.
- Every career requires GRIT. Every women has her own unique tale of GRIT.
- GRIT is raceless, classless, ageless, and genderless. GRIT is personal.
- GRITTY Women Get GRITTY Women. GRIT is a universal language of dogged perseverance and resolute tenacity.
- GRIT GETS IT DONE. BE UNAPOLOGETICALLY GRITTY.
What’s your personal definition of GRIT? What’s your GRITTY story? Who do you share it with? Who could benefit from your GRITTY lessons learned? How will you tell them?
Yeah. I’m asking YOU.
GRIT UP & GO, GIRL!